The lips of the righteous bring forth what is acceptable,
But the mouth of the wicked, what is perverted
[obstinately willful and contrary]
(Proverbs 10:32 NASB95 [AMPC])
Highlights from the first part of the Passover 2019 Service at the Overcomer Ministry Tabernacle with Brother Stair preaching on April 20th, 2019.
These are ordered as they occurred, without repeats, and this is only the first third of the service.
We witness here James 3:6 – the tongue defileth the whole body (of Christ) and setteth on fire…, and it is set on fire of Hell. No better display of Psalm 35:16, 21 – With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth. Yea, they opened their mouth wide against me.
- Are there the words a well of life? No? Then they are not from the mouth of a righteous man (Pr 10:11, 15:4).
- Is this the tongue of health? Is it using knowledge aright? No? Then it’s not from the wise (Pr 12:18, 15:2).
- Is this a tongue with perverseness therein? Willful contrariness (AMP)? Then it’s a breach in the spirit (Pr 15:4). It breaks down the spirit (AMP). Test those spirits.
- is this a gentle tongue? No? Then it’s not from the/a tree of life (Pr 15:4 AMP).
- Are these pleasant words? Sweet to the soul? Health to the bones? No? No wonder the bones are dry (Pr 16:24).
- Is this a David whose tongue speaks God’s righteousness and God’s praise (Ps 35:28)? In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God (1Jn 3:10).
You can see from these few references that God’s Word has a lot to say about words and their effects on you and the health of your spirit and the body of Christ.
Why then should we be surprised that so many died away from such a ministry? Or that so many have physically died there? A ministry of death (2Cor 3:7-9; John 10:10).
From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (Mt 12:34; Lk 6:45). As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him. As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones. Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually (Psalm 109:17-19).
Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Above all else guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life]. (Pr 4:24, 23 NIV84; Pr 18:21 AMPC)
They return at evening, they howl like a dog,
and go around the city.
Behold, they belch forth with their mouth;
swords are in their lips, for,
they say, “Who hears?”
(Psalm 36:1-4 NASB)
Do not enter the path of the wicked
And do not proceed in the way of evil people.
Avoid it, do not pass by it;
Turn away from it and pass on.
For they cannot sleep unless they do evil; And they are robbed of sleep unless they make someone stumble. For they eat the bread of wickedness, And drink the wine of violence.
Rid yourself of a deceitful mouth And keep devious speech far from you. (Proverbs 4:14-17, 24 NASB)
Flee from Babylon! [confusion] Save yourselves! Don’t get trapped!
If you stay, you will be destroyed when God takes his vengeance on all of Babylon’s sins. (Jer 51:6 TLB)
Though his hatred covers itself with guile,
his wickedness shall be shown openly before the assembly.
(Pr 26:26 AMPC)
So their pride sparkles like a jeweled necklace, and their clothing is woven of cruelty!
They scoff at God and threaten His people. How proudly they speak!
They boast against the very heavens, and their words strut through the earth.
And so God’s people are dismayed and confused and drink it all in.
(Ps 73:6-10 TLB)